Friday, February 1, 2013

Far Better Things Ahead

Friday Files - February 1, 2013

This week the theme for most of my blogs posts was "What are you looking forward to in the near future?" In the immediate future, I would have to say a warm bed and a good nights sleep. For next week, I want to work in the studio with stains - I have some pieces that Kansas Originals has been requesting that I really need to get done. For next month there's a new line that is in development that I'm anxiously awaiting my turn to work with.

Starry Night Dragonfly Keepsake Box
by GrapeVine Ceramics & Gifts on Etsy
From time to time, I find myself concentrating on what has happened in the past instead of what is ahead of me. While it helps to keep me grounded, it's not always productive. I have the habit of wondering "what if" when thinking about the past. I'm working on turning that around however. I want to ask "what if" while addressing the future. What if we get rid of the wallpaper in the living room? What if we take a ride to the next town over and take the camera to take photos along the way? What if we paint the kitchen cabinets? What if we try this glaze on the next piece? The list goes on... Each "what if" may create a "project," some of which will get done and others -well they'll have to wait. The other thing that I hope happens is I learn to solve problems creatively.

From Blessing Manifesting's Photos on Facebook

Speaking of the future... This weekend making muffins for the next week(s) breakfast is on my agenda. These are my boys' new favorites.

Photo and following recipe is from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins/

To Die for Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients 

Original recipe makes 8 large muffins


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

  • PREP15 mins
  • COOK25 mins
  • READY IN40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment