Friday, January 11, 2013

Beer Nuts ~ Recipe

Friday Files can be anything related to the shop, our garden, favorite recipes, tutorials, budgets or current happenings. I may also have guest bloggers. It's going to be a catch all so keep an eye on it you just may find something that interests you.

Today's post.....

My husband's traveling card game was Wednesday evening and we were responsible for snacks. So I made  Beer Nuts, BBQ Little Smokies, and a relish platter.

Here is the recipe for
  Beer Nuts...




Pre-Heat oven to 300°


















Ingredients:
1 (12 ounce) package of raw peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup of water
Dash of Salt













Directions:
Combine first three ingredients in a heavy skillet (I used my Pampered Chef Wok).















Cook until no water remains, stirring frequently.
















 Add a dash of salt.

Put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
 Stir and bake another 15 minutes.

Let cool and enjoy.












(Recipe from "Sharing Our Best: 125 Years of Recipes and Rememberances" St. Fidelis Church - The Catherdral of the Plains; 2001; pg 109)



My helper... He was just sure I was going to drop something...

Aren't you going to drop something, please????
Join us on Monday for a Vintage Etsy Minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment